Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Presents and Sushi

McKay's birthday was packed this year, partly because I love him, and partly because his previous two birthdays were overshadowed and forgotten by (1) Tyler's birth and (2) Tyler first birthday, and I feel guilty about that. So this year was mammoth.

Presents included:

snorkeling gear

for our Christmas/Graduation present to ourselves. There's no picture of the actual present because I was too excited about the next one, which was...

an accordion!

Now, I know you're all thinking what a strange and random person I am. But remember:


  • McKay has always been fascinated by accordions.

  • For the first birthday of McKay's that we celebrated as married people, I got him an accordion rental for a month, and he loved it.

  • Every time we go to Ottavio's, we have to get a picture of Keith, the accordion player who works there.

  • And everytime he sees one for sale, he gets this wistful look in his eyes.
So it was fate when I saw this just before his birthday.


Tyler also loved it, and was desperate to push the buttons.



That night we went out for sushi:




I love when McKay's birthday rolls around because our very first date happened to be on his birthday in 2005. It always reminds me how lucky I am to be married to him, and how much I love him, and how glad I am that that he didn't run away when he found out how old I was.


I love you!



2 comments:

Patrick and Michelle Hinckley said...

AWW Happy Birthday!!! McKay, you will have to practice the Accordian EVERYDAY at like 5 am when you move back down with Mom and Dad..They will be thrilled! :)

Cindy said...

You guys are just so cute!