Thursday, December 31, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
We showed these pictures to Tyler, and he thinks the first one is a monster. He kept roaring at it. It does sort of look like a skeleton face :)
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
We've been out for Chinese food, as per Hinckley tradition.
We are so obsessed with this show, it is ridiculous. It's like 24 on steriods. When we're done with this season, we'll have time for Christmas. But until then, Fox River Penitentiary calls.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
- The new Eatough Thanksgiving lay-out, in my parents beautiful, remodeled, totally baby-unfriendly home:
- Poker and Risk nights! I did not win either, although I attribute my loss at Poker to my Uncle Gordy farting until I left the table, and then Richard stole all my chips.
- Beatles Rock Band with most of my siblings. My favorite moment of that was Kristen and Lauren singing "I Am the Walrus," and neither knew the lyrics, which resulted in this line in perfect unison: "Yellow mustard custard dripping from a dead dog's eye...Ewww!"
- Annie Skyy! Just a little, little girl, who changed even over the few days we were there! I love newborns! (I'm making a weird face, but the other pictures were too blurry.)
- Disneyland! Including churros, 3D glasses, Dumbo and Tyler meltdowns in several lines:
- Lunch with Grandma Sandi at the scrumptious Calimesa Royale Restaurant. Best biscuits and gravy ever! Grandma crocheted me a new Christmas scarf, too!
- Multiple In N' Out trips:
Not so favorite moment:
- Tyler caught a cold and slept horribly the first few nights, resulting in this noise for much of Thanksgiving dinner and the ride home:
Except for that, we had a great trip! Thanks for having us, Mom and Dad! Love you, and hopefully we'll see you all soon!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
He has E. coli.
His Salt Lake City concert for tomorrow night has been postponed...until FEBRUARY.
We will not be in the state to enjoy his crazy glasses then.
PS: Would anyone be interested in two tickets for the Elton John & Billy Joel concert, now in February?
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
I think he dreams about it, because when I go to wake him up in the mornings, his little eyes pop open, and the first thing he says is "Choo-Choo? Choo-Choo?"
Thursday, November 5, 2009
He spent half the day discarding accessories, like his hat, and his cute little sheriff badge:
Monday, November 2, 2009
I mean, really, who does this? I want to be friends with this guy.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
We got Tyler his own piece of cake for his birthday cake because we don't need an entire cake sitting in the kitchen calling my name. Last year, Tyler seemed somewhat mesmerized by the candle flame, but this year, he was terrified of it! He kept saying, "Hot! Hot!" and backing away from it. I think this may stem from me training him never to touch the oven, the stove, candles, etc. Either way, he wanted nothing to do with the cake...
Monday, October 19, 2009
As soon as you were born, the nurses took you away from me to make sure you were alright. After all, it had taken two hours of pushing to get you here, and they wanted to check you over. I didn't get to hold you for twenty minutes after you were born, and I cried the whole time. When I finally did get to hold you, I was more than a little terrified for your sake, that it was your misfortune to be in my custody for the next eighteen years. You looked in my eyes right then, and it was like you knew who I was, and you were telling me you had complete confidence in me as your new mommy. I still didn't feel like a real mom yet, but I loved you more than anything right then.
Over those few short days in the hospital, I observed:
- You only cried for a minute after you were born, and then, it was like you realized there was a whole world to see, and you'd rather explore it than complain about your rough entry.
- You had your daddy's toes, the Carter pinky toes, and my nose.
- Your toes curled out rather than in when you got tickled.
- You were all boy, big and barrel chested, the second biggest baby in the nursery.
- You did not like cold wipes, and you were not shy about letting us know.
- You came into this world six days before my 20th birthday, and you were the best present I've ever had.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
I am so, so nervous.
I am being set apart on Tuesday along with the president, first counselor and secretary, and then we are going to be trained for a couple of hours afterward.
(disclaimer: I know it's all going to work out fine, like it always does, but man oh man this is a very scary thing to me.)
Friday, October 16, 2009
Hey, guys, really sorry to do this, but we need some help here (this is McKay, by the way). As most of you know, I'm in my last semester at BYU in Advertising, and my group is conducting a research survey for our client involving the use of suncare products. If you have a moment, I would appreciate you filling out a quick survey. It should only take about 5 minutes, and at the completion of the survey you can submit your email address to be entered into a drawing for one of several gift cards. Whoo!
Here is the link; just click and go!
The survey will stay open until Sunday night, and your answers won't
be connected to you in any way. Thanks!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
a) Summer has ended; the sun comes up later, thus we wake up later.
b) It's getting colder, so it's easy to stay cozy in our blanket cocoon.
c) McKay has started school and work on a regular basis again, so we don't have another adult to motivate action.
d) We're still recovering from our trip to California.
e) We like lounging around and watching Dinosaur Train on two different channels, even if it is the same episode.
In any case, here are our ingredients for a very indolent week:
Good Reads: Check
Teddy Bear Chair: Check
Kill Bear Chair: Check
Lots of cuddling: Check
- ► 2014 (41)
- ► 2012 (40)
- ► 2011 (63)
- ► 2010 (72)
- ▼ December (6)
- ► November (7)
- ► October (9)