Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What new pictures?

After this posts, I will vehemently deny that these pictures were taken recently; I will never admit that these are, in fact, not our real wedding pictures. I wasn't going to blog about it, but I just love these pictures so much, and I need to share them with the world.

Our "real" wedding pictures weren't so great; they kind of sucked, actually. So we decided to redo them, specifically this last month, because:

a) I now have my wedding dress with me

b) I now fit back into it, which may not always be true (though I can hope :-)

c) We won a contest for worst wedding pictures, and the prize was a redo with professional photographers!

Here are some of my favorites:




The rest are here:

http://photo1.walgreens.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1180289001/a=23633768_23633768/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=walgreens/

You are welcome to look; I've spent so much time looking at them, I'm going to wear out the Walgreen's website.

Thanks, http://dalmerphotography.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

The Desatoff Family said...

Oh Katie! You look just as beautiful as your real wedding day! What contest did you win? I should have been entered as well...I have craptastic wedding pictures! I am so glad you did this and hope to see these beautiful pictures all over your walls next time we come to visit :)

Patrick and Michelle Hinckley said...

I LOVE THAT YOU DID THIS!!!!
patrick adn I are TOTALLY planning to do the same thing!!! We didn't get the best pictures so we are going to have Big Lou do some once it gets cooler and I feel like I have lost enough weight!! I LOVE them, so Gorgeous!!!

Kim said...

Great idea! Everyone should have a redo. My hair looked like a Russian bride on my wedding day. I am not joking. It was pulled back so tight, it looked like I was wearing a doo-rag. Not cute. Hmm... maybe I should redo mine. Especially since all of mine are on film and can't be enlarged bigger than 8x10, grrr.. :(

Katie said...

Thanks everyone! I feel so validated!

Robin: Thanks! Oh, and they already are! We got some free enlargements (thank you, Walgreen's) to decorate our house with wedding picture goodness. Craptastic, haha. It was a photography company that held a "Send in your worst pictures and we'll choose the worst to redo!" It's kind of sad that we won :)

Michelle: That's great! And I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty awesome to sneak out of your house in a big floofy wedding dress, hoping your neighbors don't see you. And Big Lou's will be great, he did some engagement pics for us.

Kimmy: You should! You look amazing, and I know about the film thing, too. Except for all the pictures our family took and sent to us, all ours were 35mm 4X6's. Ridiculous. I liked your doo-rag in your bridal pictures, though, you looked so pretty.

Michelle said...

Those are AWESOME!!!

The Grandmoo said...

Hi Katie
The new wedding pictures are wonderful. I am so glad you did this. You look so beautiful, how great that you were able to wear you wedding dress again. You and Mckay are just adorable. I just got back on my computer and was so excited about Seeing these pictures. What as treat. All my love, Your Grandmoo

Heather said...

I'm glad you did these, now I know i'm not the only one who wants to do it over. but don't think that I fit in my dress right now... 2 kids will do that to a person.
But anywho, your pictures are awesome, and I love your boots!

We are... said...

I agree with everyone! They are GORGEOUS pictures! That is so exciting that you were able to do this and you look beautiful in them!