Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Scot-Free

I've been dreading this dentist visit for months.

I've had hurty spots in my mouth for a long time, and it's been even longer since we've seen a dentist. I just knew I was going to have 14 cavities and two root canals, and they were going to look at me with disgust and ask me if I even brush my teeth ever, or do I just rub sugar on them?

So when my cute lady dentist pulled her mirror wand out of my mouth, foot-pumped my chair back up and told me the diagnosis, I couldn't believe it:

Sealant on one tooth!

They gave me some Sensodyne and told me I just have sensitive teeth. Heck, I'll take sensitive teeth over my 16 imaginary rotten teeth. I am sore on my gums, because I don't floss correctly. Apparently, the right way to do so is to dig and dig until you cry, and then dig some more until your tooth falls out. I did not know this.

In other news, we hosted Education Week at our house this year. Just kidding, but we did have Kendy, McKay's sister stay with us for the week. McKay's parents were here every second they could be. McKay's dad teaches three classes at Education Week up here at BYU, but I like to think it's just an excuse to fly up here to see Tyler.



An "In Case You Forgot About Texas" present.




Kevin taught in the Marriot Center this year, which is the biggest venue at Education Week. I enjoyed bragging about it.



He was a little nervous.


But he did great. We knew he would.



Hinckleys, Hinckleys and more Hinckleys. And a Cox.



McKay's parents showered us in food. Here's a McFlurry (and a Tyler frantically trying to steal it).



A tower of onion rings at Red Robin.

(Not pictured are visits to J-Dawg's, Noodles N' Company, Little Caesar's, P.F. Chang's, BYU Catering, etc. I am very much looking forward to living close to them again.)



Marie and her two kids, Evelyn and Edison came up for the week as well.

Aunt Kendy had toy cars for both these boys, and it worked for a while, until Tyler decided he wanted both.



Don't be fooled, that's not a hug.



Evenlyn got silly-shy during picture time and took shelter between the couches.



Tyler and Grandpa had a grand time spinning crouquet balls on the coffee table. It reminded me of this:


Which then reminded me of this:


We had a great time with everyone, thanks for coming out to see us on your various trips!


I'm going to go take some Tylenol now.

3 comments:

Patrick and Michelle Hinckley said...

Oh Man! That sounds like SO much fun!! And Evelyn, well lets just say for the first 4 months of being here she would not even look at Patrick! And that you even got a picture of her is well, pretty amazing! :) Can't wait until ya'll come down to Texas!

Mom said...

Kevin may be a celebrity at Education week, but that's not going to help the Rangers in the AL west! As far as the AL East, we say bring it on Yankees..we own you!!

The Grandmoo said...

WOW WHAT A BUNCH OF GREAT STUFF. TYLER LOOKS SO CUTE IN HIS COWBOY SHIRT. I CAN SEE HOW TEXAS AND CALIFORNIA GRAND PARENTS ARE TUGGING FROM STATE TO STATE. I HAVE TO ADMIT I LIKE THE AL WEST, GO ANGELS! LOVED OUR TALK TODAY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH OUR CELL PHONES , YOU WERE THERE AND THEN YOU WERE NOT THERE. I WAS TALKING TO DEAD AIR AGAIN. THIS SEEMS TO OCCUR EVERY SO OFTEN. TAKE CARE LOVE YOU YOUR GRANDMOO