Monday, May 12, 2014

May 4 - 10

Sunday, May 4th: After church, I trooped back up to Denton again for one last study group that stretched from 3PM until 10 that night. We studied our tails off!

Monday, May 5th: The pharmacology final! I got to school at 6:30AM and got a bit of studying in before we all filed into the test room. I felt pretty good about it, but I was a little worried. I needed at least 74 to keep my B. And then I found out I got 98 on the test. That was unexpected :) I guess those studying session paid off! Unfortunately, no good deed goes unpunished, because as soon as I strutted out of school, I found out McKay's Grand Am had gotten smashed up :( Ah, well.

Tuesday, May 6th: I woke up to a lovely anniversary breakfast from La Madeleine’s. My sneaky husband had woken up early and run down the street to grab Parisian Eggs Benedict and this delicious little treat.  What a lovely husband I have :)

In all honesty, I was so absorbed in finals week that I forgotten our anniversary :) Later that day, Cindy let us borrow her truck to pick up a new armoire for Jamie's room. I spent the rest of the day studying, eventually falling asleep on the couch with my notes in my hands and waking up with them all over the floor. Again :)

Wednesday, May 7: We got off to a rough start getting everyone to where they needed to be on time because we were down to one car. Since I was the only driver, I was the last one to school, with no time for last minute studying, and actually even a few minutes late to my final. YIKES. Luckily it was a surprisingly easy test, and I felt pretty confident about it. Turns out I got an 88, which is not too shabby at all. I needed a 96 to pull an A in this class, but I wasn’t too torn up about it.  I have OFFICIALLY finished up my first semester of nursing school with one A and two B’s. I’m very, very okay with this J

Thursday, May 8: Crazy, rainy, stormy day. Tornado warning or not, I had errands to run and Jamie and I were out most of the day. We had a play group at the Hinze’s, an interview at a Christian private school, a trip to Buy Buy Baby to pick up a gift for Lindsay's baby shower, then back to pick up Tyler, and finally to pick up McKay. The storm was insane and scattered big branches everywhere, and traffic lights were out all over town.

We got a few packages that day as well from our California branch of the family:

It was well received :)

Jamie, obviously, got Pinkalicious, and Tyler got a model jet. THANKS GRANDPA!!
Friday, May 9: Tyler had a free dress day, and Project Clean Up This Yucky House That Hasn’t Been Deep Cleaned In Many Moons began. I got through Jamie’s room, which actually is starting to be my favorite room in the house, all white and airy and cozy.
I went through her toys while I listened to podcasts, and she did her best to help; sort of. We finally got word from Progressive that our car is in fact totaled, and so the car shopping begins. McKay and I started American Hustle and fell asleep in the middle; my switch from Zyrtec to Benadryl is interfering with me staying awake past 9PM :)

Saturday: I snuck in a quick run before McKay left for work, and then me and the babies were off to a hot air balloon themed baby shower, which was adorable.

Funny Things:
  • I cut someone off during rush hour, and he flashed the Hook em Horns sign at me. Is this the Texas version of the bird?
  • Every few days Jamie sits still enough for me to try some Pinterest hair thing. This was this week's, and it turned out pretty magical:

  • Tyler's school has a Dr. Suess wall, and I just had to take a picture of him next to it :)

No comments: