Monday, April 20, 2009

California Trip

Tyler and I took a quick weekend trip down to California, and we kept busy from the minute our plane landed to the minute our next one took off!



I always loved getting out of school early to be spoiled by family, so I picked up Kristen and Richard (my brother and sister) from school and took them to lunch on Friday, and then we spent the rest of the day baking for the spaghetti fund raising dinner that night. Every year, the young women in my home ward do it for Girl's Camp, and then they have a dessert auction. Kristen and I made a four layer Death By Chocolate cake, and it was oh-so-good.


Here's Kristen working it with the KitchenAid.


And here it is.


Tyler rather enjoyed the spaghetti. You can see the evidence on his face, and also in the form of a perfect orange hand print on my jeans.


Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Parsons for the first time on the blog! (Lauren was not pleased with the last picture I posted of her, so here's me redeeming myself.)

Leah, me and Bree Harrison. The three of us were inseparable in middle school, and haven't seen each other since high school. Love these girls! It's a little weird that we're all moms now.


So we were pretty busy during the shower on Saturday, and this was actually the only picture I took. It was my present to Leah, a big Angels-themed diaper cake.
That night, Kristen and Richard and I needed a break from working, so we went to Shakey's, a sort of mini-Chuck E. Cheese and were just silly. Kristen brought her friend Adrianne too.

Richard is just too cool for pictures.

Showing off their bling prizes from their tickets. Watch out, boys, these girls are hot!

Flying out of Long Beach.

I love visiting my family! You guys wear me out, but I love seeing everyone and driving around my hometown. Tyler had a big smile for McKay when we finally made it back to Utah, so I think he was ready to go home too :)

3 comments:

The Grandmoo said...

Hey Hincklys....What a great bunch of photos you have posted. I just love looking at them all. Tyler is so much fun. I so enjoyed seeing him when you two were here in Yucaipa. Katie, Iam so happy for you and proud of the way you take care of your baby, husband and your home. You make things fun for them. So glad Tyler likes spagetti, he is a chip off the old block. Lauren is absolutley glowing and she does loves the Bubs. It might be a good idea to put restrictions on who can get on your blog to read the news!
Take Care, we love you so much,
Your Great Granmoo

Cindy said...

Katie, we are so glad to have you in our family! What a cute, energetic little mom you are.

The Desatoff Family said...

An Angels diaper cake? THAT IS SO COOL! You are an on-the-go Mom! I love visiting our family, but you are right...they wear us out :) Glad to hear the Spaghetti Dinner tradition is still going strong!

Love you!
Robin