Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 7-15

I am relying heavily on McKay's faithful (albeit sparse) journaling from this week because I am having a hard time remembering most of what we did. I think this is because we didn't take a ton of pictures, and that is what I normally base my memory on :)

 I took my second Patho test on Monday, this one on the endocrine system. I couldn't tell if I was ready for the test or if I was just sick of studying this particular unit. The good news is we are starting the cardiovascular system now, and I can safely say I am not planning on becoming an endocrinologist. I got my results back that afternoon (84!), and I was fine with it for as blah as I was about it :) On Tuesday, McKay had the day off, and he spent the morning running errands with Jamie. I have no idea what I was doing during that, but I have vague memories of watching Love Actually. I plead post-big-test ennui :) On Wednesday, after Jamie and I picked up Tyler from school, we met our friends at Legoland for the afternoon. The kids had a really great time, especially Tyler, who was able to go on the big kid rides with his older friends by himself. Jamie was so happy to have me all to herself :) Tyler had an early release day on Friday, so after Jamie and I went grocery shopping, we picked Tyler up and spent the rest of the day playing outside. It was one of the first real days of fall, and they loved it. I was still worried about fire ants and mosquitoes, so I bundled them up before I let them go out. They spent hours building these little "bridges" out of loose bricks and stones, and then digging canals underneath.

On Saturday morning, I watched our friends' girls Tori and Ada. We did three semesters of Joy School with this family, and Tyler and Jamie love seeing them every Sunday and when we have play dates. I remember when Ada was born, so it's crazy to think she's old enough for preschool already! Didn't we just move here? After Sarah Jane and Russell picked up their girls, we had just enough time to straighten up before David dropped off my nephew Edison. Edison's birthday had been a few weeks before, and our present to him was a trip to...guess....Legoland! And so another afternoon was whiled away in Grapevine Mills :) We really have such a great time each time we go. I expected to get bored with it long ago, but I never really do. And of course the kids don't either, they are in a frenzied fun state the entire time.

On Sunday, I woke up with a full fledged cold. Jamie was coughing, so the two of us stayed home while Tyler and McKay went to church. After they came back home, I went back to bed. The weather was pretty dreary outside, and it inspired a movie day for the rest of the family. I think we all needed a down day :)

Tyler didn't have school on Monday or Tuesday, and I had the notes from my lecture, so McKay got the day off from work on Monday and we spent it together, which was really nice. We had grand plans to visit the Flower Mound pumpkin patch, but by the time we actually arrived in Flower Mound, it was pouring. We occupied ourselves in the area for the rest of the afternoon, and I peeked into Gymboree to get nice winter coats for Tyler and Jamie now that the weather is getting below 90 :)

Tuesday was Mckay's turn to be sick. I was a bit off track with our running schedule, so I went on a five mile run that morning, and I used the TWU gym for the first time. I discovered I do not like running inside. It's hot and there's people everywhere and you feel like an elephant pounding on the treadmill. I got a terrible time, and I don't think I'll be using the gym again :) We had planned on going to the state fair that day, but we got rained out for the second day in a row.  Instead we drove to Arlington first to a Toys R Us to pick up a certain present for a certain soon to be six year old and then to a restaurant called Trail Dust. This is a BBQ place that features a two story slide. The kids did not eat much :) We had an early dinner so the kids pretty much had their run of the slide or the two hours we were there. Tyler slid down as aerodynamically as possible so that he kept nearly knocking me over as I took pictures of them. Jamie slid down the same way everytime, sitting up primly with a huge grin on her face, quietly saying "Weeeeeee" to herself. It was so cute :)

 Bug Proof!
 But not Sister Proof.
 Also bundled :)

 Tyler and Jamie's bridges.
 And Tyler discovering his batting helmet is much like a woodpecker's beak :)

 Yes! Got the hat!
 Look at these amazing ribs I made last week! They were so yummy :)
 Ada and Tori visiting on Saturday.
 And various Legoland shenanigans:


And Trail Dust!

See you next week!

No comments: